Monday, June 13, 2005

Crazy about Katie

Well, the weekend has passed and I am a day late on a new blog. Please forgive me if you can ever find it in your heart to do so. That being said, here is what's on my mind.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. How can they not be on my mind? They are everywhere after all, and while I certainly don't mind seeing images of Katie Holmes, I think I'm already getting tired of the hoopla. In all honesty, how much of this goo-goo gaga twiterpation are we going to have to endure? You do know how they got together right? Tom Cruise just had his agent call her agent and set up an appointment and now they are in love. Man, that's a good hook up, and I thought Equally Yoked or Eharmony was the way to go.
I simply don't understand the fascination and the truth be known, down right worship, that society has for celebrities. It's a very real American Idol. People get so caught up in what actor is dating what actress and how romantic it is. I figure they must do it to avoid the reality of their own failing lives and meaningless existence's, an escape so to speak. It's ok if your mom's a drunk and your dad beats her and they are splitting up and you will have hurts that will probably never heal. It's all good as long as Tom Cruise is with Katie Holmes, or Brad Pitt is happy again now that Jennifer Anniston is gone.
For me personally, one of the most trying times in my life was when Ben Afleck and J-Lo were together. I had to have Valium prescribed just to keep me going. I was so worried about their constant break ups, and I blame them for my three D's in Algebra. How could I concentrate? Thank goodness Ben is now with that nice Garner girl. All is right in the world and I can rest easy, at least for now, which is what I'm going to do. Good night.


PS> Next blog I will probably take on either A.) Scientology or B.) Michael Jackson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imagine if you will: A little girl puts up a poster of Tom Cruise in her room. (what are the odds?) Then, she stares blankly at his picture telling herself that one day she wants to marry him...THE Tom Cruise. (what are the odds?) I never thought that this could even happen to one girl...(ha!) but try hundreds of thousands of girls wishing the same thing. Now, give this girl a telivision career and an agent. Now, get a nice appointment from Tom Cruis' agent, and WHALLA!... you have a love recipe from Chef Emeril! Does Tom draw Katie's bath water like he did for Penelope. Tom told this to Oprah a couple years ago on her show. Maybe Tom and Katie will be in a movie together to solidify their relationship as both personal and professional. How about that? Perhaps Tom will be on Oprah in 10 more years professing his giddyness about Dakota Fanning when she reaches her 20's. Who knows...only scientology can say...and "Katie really digs scientology."