Monday, May 25, 2009

Less is more....

The time is 7:54 and I am listening to Neko Case again. Just like donuts, Super Mario Brothers, or cocaine, I just can’t get enough of her. Yeah, it’s sort of an obsession, but I am going to see her in a few weeks so I need to prepare appropriately. BTW- I have vowed to find a girl to go to this concert with. Now I’ve never been one to hold my vows to closely, and this one has not-gonna-happen written all over it. Still I am going try. I have a fallback plan too: Craigslist. Yeah you heard it, if I don’t find a date with a weak left to go, I am going on Craigslist and advertising a free ticket to any cute single chick who wants to go, cougars need not apply. So Dateline, as I am calling it, has officially begun.


I realize I fell off the blog wagon and haven’t fulfilled my obligation to write one a week. Sorry about that, I went through a little slump of boredom and despair for a short spell but fear not, much like a bad rash caused by some perverse act, I have returned.


No list today but I hope to have some maybe next time. I do have a headline though, which I haven’t done in a while.


Congress Approves Capital Losses Tax- With the government short on money due to the failing economy and no revenue from Capital Gains this year Congress has approved the Capital Losses Tax. The first tax of its kind the move taxes the amount of money investors have lost on the stock market this last year.


Addressing the senate floor, speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi stated, “This move will take millions from people who need the money so we can give it to those we deem more in need through the President’s bailout plan.”

The measure was unanimously voted in and has opened the door to more proposed legislation. In fact many on Capital Hill have begun promoting their own measures.


Senator Evan Bayh of Indiana has even gone so far as to propose a controversial Defeat Tax. Similar to the Victory Tax in World War 2 this tax would herald our continued losses in Afghanistan. Other suggestions have included a foreclosure tax, bankruptcy tax and unemployment fees.


Well gang, that is about it for now. I will catch next week, probably.

No comments: